Wednesday offers opportunities to win a $3,000 entry to the $120,000 BCBC Big Ten Handicapping Tournament on Sept. 16 when two contests will be offered : one on track at Canterbury Park and one through Xpressbet.com for those not residing in Minnesota.
The Sept. 16 Big Ten Contest is the largest Breeders’ Cup Betting Challenge qualifier of the year. Ten BCBC entries will be awarded along with two National Horseplayers Championship entries and a minimum of $10,000 in cash. It can be played either at Canterbury or through Xpressbet, TVG or NYRAbets.
Wednesday’s contests have identical rules and entry fees and both use races 1 through 9 at Canterbury.
$100 to enter plus $200 live bankroll.
There is no takeout. All entry fees will be returned as prizes or cash in both contests. For each 30 entries, one $3,000 Sept. 16 entry is awarded. Below is the wagering format.
– Tournament races include all THOROUGHBRED races from Canterbury Park on Wednesday, August 18. Races 1 – 9
– Permitted wagers are Win, Place, Show, Exacta, Trifecta and Double.
– No Superfecta, Pick 3, Pick 4, Pick 5, Pick 6 wagers are permitted in this contest.
– Players must wager a minimum of five (5) contest races at a minimum of $20 on each of the five (5) races but must wager at least $200 total.
– At minimum, players must wager their entire $200 bankroll during the contest.
– There are no maximums – players may wager as much as they want, including the winnings from their bankroll, whenever they wish.
-One winner for each 30 entries, determined by ranked bankrolls at the conclusion of the contest, will receive a $3,000 entry to the Sept. 16, 2021 Canterbury Park BCBC Big Ten Handicapping Contest that guarantees 10 BCBC berths and two NHC berths.
Racing begins at 5pm.
For those outside of Minnesota, enter HERE at Xpressbet.
Those playing at Canterbury, entries will be taken in the Triple Crown Lounge on Clubhouse level.