Racing is more fun when you're cashing tickets
While some people dedicate hours to handicapping, you can have just as much fun on your first day at the races. If and when you are ready to learn advanced skills of handicapping, we’re here to help.
Put our pros to work
Everyone at the racetrack has an opinion. Lucky for you, our experts are willing to share. Here are a few of the places you can find pro’s picks:
Trust your gut
- KFAN Today at the Races: Daily pre-race show in the Paddock
- Pro’s Picks: Available on the website HERE or posted at 1st Floor Grandstand Information Center
- Star Tribune Paddock Preview: Listen to our analyst before each race
- Race Analysis: In the program adjacent to each race
- Off to the Races Tipsheet: Located in the center of the program
- Kevin Gorg’s Power Plays: For sale at each entrance
If you have a hunch about a horse, a quirky connection to its name or simply like it because it’s grey, bet it. Favorite numbers, colors, jockeys and names have produced many winners over the years.Take the next step
If you want to advance past basic guess work or relying on other people’s insights, Canterbury Park offers a few ways for you to learn the game.
Ask the information booth
Stop by the 1st floor grandstand information booth any live racing day and our team can help you with the basics of reading the program and wagering.
Register for a race-night seminar to learn the basics of understanding odds, reading past performances and more. More information HERE
Want an advanced degree in handicapping? Our 6-week Canterbury College course offered every winter is designed to take you from handicapping 101 to PHD. Classes begin the second Sunday in February. Enrollment will open in December 2019.
Play. Earn. Redeem.Learn More