Nominated as one of the TOP 100 Workplaces of 2014, Canterbury Park will provide a fun and rewarding environment to raise funds for your group or organization. The more people you encourage to participate, the more money you can raise!
The program is open to any non-profit organization with or without a 501(c) (3) status with similar values as Canterbury Park. All workers must be at least 15 years of age and working adult chaperones are required. Proof of age will be required to work. Canterbury Park will accept requests throughout the year but the primary time to fundraise is during live racing (May – September).
Group’s that are NOT Eligible:
- For-profit organizations
- Religious groups utilizing donations for fundraising events or activities with a specific religious purpose.
- Political parties or organizations with a specific political agenda.
- Any organization that discriminates due to color, sex, nationality, sexual orientation or creed.
Each member of the group will receive an hourly wage of $10.00 per hour. We require a minimum of 5 volunteers per group.
* Groups may qualify for an end of year bonus if all commitments are fulfilled.
A majority groups will be needed in Food & Beverage Department working at one of our food stands or specialty food carts. Groups might also be scheduled in other areas, such as Facilities and Guest Services.
- Typical Day
Each group will arrive 1 hour prior to event and report to the Reception Desk to sign in, receive work assignment and uniform from a designated Manager. The Manager will then give the group some essential information for the day; such as the location of restrooms, general layout of our facility and his or her expectations for the day. A typical day will be between 6-8 hours depending on the event and business need.
- Appearance Expectations
- Black or khaki dress pants. No jeans or yoga pants.
- A visor and shirt will be provided to you by a Manager.
- Wear comfortable shoes. No open toed shoes or sandals.
- No gum chewing.
Reserve a Table
Watch racing year round in styleLearn More